If you are looking for a food item which can help you in maintaining your overall health then Brazil seeds (Semilla de Brasil) are one of the best options for you. Not many food items have similar health benefits as it has. Brazil nuts or seed is considered as the potent anti-cancer ingredient called selenium which is also helpful in maintaining the good metabolism of the body. Selenium consists of various antioxidants which resist the cancerous cells and also improves the overall functioning of the body.
Effect of selenium
- Selenium is helpful for the thyroid problems, as it assists the conversion of inactive thyroid hormone T4 into active form T3. Due to the T3 thyroid problem, a patient can feel fatigue, weakness, hair loss, skin problems etc. If you are suffering from such problems than having Brazil nuts in your diet can be helpful for you.
- Selenium also has antioxidants qualities as it contains vitamin E and C also. If your skin is getting drier or if you would like to avoid having wrinkles due to ageing then you should have selenium in your diet.
- It is also considered as a good healthy food for men which boost the testosterone hormone level of the men.
- It is also good for the women as it reduces the chances of breast cancer.
- One of the most impressive benefits of selenium is that it can be helpful to control the cancerous cell.
Other benefits of Brazil nuts
The benefits of the ingredient of Brazil nut selenium is quite impressive and beneficial for not only the cancer patients but also as a normal supplement.
Other than that it is also considered as the rich source of vitamin E, which is good for the maintenance of the cell membrane and also protect against the skin problems. It also contains vitamin B which is good for improving the metabolism of the body. There are also other ingredients of the nuts like zinc, magnesium, copper, potassium and calcium which provides the important minerals for the human body.
If you are using Brazil nuts in your diet then you should also check the quantity of seed which you are using for your diet plan, while overdosing of seeds can cause digestion problem and can also damage the DNA of the person. It is better to take 100 gm of the seeds which provide enough selenium to your body which can be digested easily.